Disclosure of Travel and Hospitality Expenses
Note to Reader
Beginning with the period ending June 30, 2019, the Proactive Disclosure of Travel and Hospitality Expenses for Natural Resources Canada is available exclusively on Canada's Open Government Portal.
On December 12, 2003, the Prime Minister announced a new policy on the mandatory publication of travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials.
This web site provides information on the travel and hospitality expenses incurred within Natural Resources Canada by the Minister, Parliamentary Secretary, and their exempt staff, and by senior level employees at the Deputy Minister, Associate Deputy Minister, Assistant Deputy Minister, and equivalent levels.
The rules and principles governing travel are outlined in Treasury Board's Policies for Ministers' Offices and Special Travel Authorities and in National Joint Council Travel Directive. The purpose of these policy instruments is to provide for the reimbursement of reasonable expenses necessarily incurred during travel on government business.
The Government of Canada extends hospitality in accordance with the rules and principles outlined in the Policies for Ministers' Offices and the Treasury Board Directive on the Management of Expenditures on Travel, Hospitality and Conferences. The objective of the directive is to ensure that travel, hospitality and associated expenditures are managed with prudence and probity, in a manner that maximizes effectiveness in meeting organizational mandates, minimizes costs and demonstrates value for money.
The information on this web site will be updated every three months, beginning March 31, 2004.
- March 2, 2019 to June 1, 2019
- December 2, 2018 to March 1, 2019
- September 2, 2018 to December 1, 2018
- June 2, 2018 to September 1, 2018
- March 2, 2018 to June 1, 2018
- December 2, 2017 to March 1, 2018
- September 2, 2017 to December 1, 2017
- June 2, 2017 to September 1, 2017
- March 2, 2017 to June 1, 2017
- December 2, 2016 to March 1, 2017
- September 2, 2016 to December 1, 2016
- June 2, 2016 to September 1, 2016
- March 2, 2016 to June 1, 2016
- December 2, 2015 to March 1, 2016
- September 2, 2015 to December 1, 2015